[sane-devel] [SANE]connection through lan to usb scanner

terryc terryc at woa.com.au
Tue Apr 21 04:14:52 BST 2020

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 02:09:42 +0200
Daniel MOYNE <daniel.moyne at sfr.fr> wrote:

> I have a lan installed in my home with 2 computers A and B (fixed
> id). The printer/scanner is connected to the computer A with a usb
> link and I want to know whether it is possible from the computer B to
> reach the scanner with the id of the computer  A through its sane
> server like I do with the printer through the cups server of computer
> A. Regards

Short answer; Yes
Detailed answer requres a bit more information please, like Network,and
the scanner you are trying to access.

If you have the skills, installing xsane, scanimage and sane-utils as
needed may be all you need to get it going. Start with the "man xsane"
and "also reads" (down the bottom) to see how you go.