[sane-devel] how to switch off the scan lamp?

Marten Kubal marten.kubal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:38:02 BST 2020

hello there,

i'm honestly a bit unsure whether or not my question is too dumb..

for a project, i would love to be able to switch off the lamp of my scanner.

i currently use a "canon lide 210", but i would switch to any other device
that would me allow to disable the lamp (preferably canon devices).
i'm very grateful for any advice, even if it just leads to what to google :)
not sure if that's of importance: my workhorse is a macbook (mid 2012),
running on catalina (10.15.5)

many thanks in advance!

best wishes,
marten