[sane-devel] SANE Backends 1.0.31 released / Goodbye

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Fri Aug 28 19:57:33 BST 2020

On Mon, 2020-08-24 at 17:15 +0200, Rolf Bensch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Congratulations to all who contributed his/her ideas, code and at
> least
> time for the new SANE release.
>
> After having some time with reflecting my after-work activities, I
> decided to say Goodbye to the SANE project, especially as maintainer
> for
> the pixma backend.
>
> If somebody hears the calling to become a maintainer for the pixma
> backend, he/she is welcome to contact me off-list for discussing any
> questions about structure and functionality.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rolf

hi Rolf,
I am really sorry to see you leave, it was always a pleasure working
with you. I don't think I would qualify to replace you (I don't have
the knowledge, nor the energy (I am still suffering from extreme
tiredness after the pandemic). I wish you all the luck!
I hope that Ralph can take oever (he already seems to have been digging
into the backend  quite a bit)

BR, Louis