[sane-devel] sane-airscan 0.99.22 release notes

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Fri Dec 11 09:02:17 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 12/11/20 10:58 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> This version fixes compatibility with Lexmark 2236 and Xerox 3225 when
>> working using WSD protocol. These strange devices return errors (for
>> example, empty ADF) using HTTP 200 response code, instead of expected
>> 4xx or 5xx status codes.
>
> Any chance these HTTP 200 response codes are accompanied by a nice HTML
> error page?  As in, yes, we just _successfully_ sent you an error page.

No, there is SOAP message (XML), as expected. But normally fault
messages come with appropriate HTTP codes (4xx or 5xx, not 2xx).

Actually, behavior is even more interesting: when ADF is empty,
CreateScanJobRequest returns successful CreateScanJobResponse, while
subsequent RetrieveImageRequest returns fault message.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)