[sane-devel] Using "scanimage" under Gentoo

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 10:49:46 GMT 2020

Olaf,

On Saturday, 2020-02-15 11:13:32 +0900, you wrote:

> > What's next?   Reduce the value of "SANE_DEBUG_BJNP"?  But I can't guar-
> > antee I can reproduce this particular behaviour.
>
> That's probably the best solution even though that would change the
> timing of events leading to whatever issue you're seeing disappear.
> But if not setting SANE_DEBUG_BJNP makes the issue go away, then what's
> the problem anyway ;-)

No,  not setting "SANE_DEBUG_BJNP"  does NOT make the issue go away: out
of my five scanning attempts  three were run with  "SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=127"
and out of these one failed and two succeeded.   And out of the two att-
empts run with not setting "SANE_DEBUG_BJNP" one failed and one succeed-
ed.

> I'd follow Louis' suggestion trying to reproduce over USB so we can
> narrow things down to either the backend proper or the BJNP code.

Will do.

Sincerely,
  Rainer