[sane-devel] Using "scanimage" under Gentoo

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 11:14:30 GMT 2020

Olaf,

On Friday, 2020-02-14 17:32:39 +0100, I myself wrote:

> So I bit the bullet  and created just another account in order to submit
> an issue.   Again in vain:  "File is too big (27.33MiB).   Max filesize:
> 10MiB".

Ok.  So be it.  I meanwhile remembered one of my scripts which divides a
huge input file into N smaller files roughly the same size.  So I divid-
ed the smaller file,  "paperjam.log",  into 5 files  and the bigger one,
"success.log" into 10 files and compressed these fifteen files individu-
ally.   Each of these file has a size less than 6Mb  which will be blown
up to less than 8Mb by the base64 encoding.

I'll send them your way via private mail one file at a time, and as soon
as you received all fifteen files  and placed them into the same direct-
ory simply run

   $ for pfx in paperjam success
     do for f in $pfx.log.*.bz2
        do bunzip2 -c $f