[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan LiDE 400 support in Slackware

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:13:29 BST 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:58 PM Alexander Pevzner <pzz at apevzner.com> wrote:

> Hi, Sedat,
>
> > Can you update the "debian" directory - maybe to reflect the latest > 0.9.10 release?
> The content of this directory is hysterical artifact. AFAIK, nobody uses
> these files directly, they are used only as a template.

You mean hysterical or historical :-)...

> Debian seems to officially include ipp-usb since the next Debian
> release. For their official builds, release version will be set properly
> by their build infrastructure.

OK, I see Debian/unstable offers as an installation candidate:

root at iniza:~# LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy ipp-usb
ipp-usb:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.9.10-1
  Version table:
     0.9.10-1 99
         99 https://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd
buildd-unstable/main amd64 Packages
         99 http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
         99 https://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages

Hmm, the available sane and libsane (no version 1.0.28) are not suitable:

root at iniza:~# LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy sane
sane:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.0.14-15
  Version table:
     1.0.14-15 500
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
        500 https://deb.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
         99 http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
         99 https://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages

root at iniza:~# LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy libsane
libsane:
  Installed: 1.0.27-3.2+b1
  Candidate: 1.0.27-3.2+b1
  Version table:
 *** 1.0.27-3.2+b1 500
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
        500 https://deb.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
         99 http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
         99 https://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

- Sedat -

> For packages that I generate by myself (for many distros) setting
> correct release number is handled automatically by OpenSUSE Build Services:
>
> https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/Debian_10/

Ah, cool.

Thanks.

- Sedat -