[sane-devel] Advanced options

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 04:22:07 GMT 2020

Hi,
I have run a few tests on some of the scanners I have acquired this
afternoon.

One thing came up, that I would like to garner opinions on.

Some of the backends mark the well-known geometry options tl-x, tl-y,
br-x and br-y as "advanced" whereas others do not.
I think there really should be some consistency on this.

What is the general opinion regarding this?
Should they be advanced or not? They don't seem very advanced to me, so
my feelings is "not".

Since these options are explicitly mentioned in the SANE spec, perhaps
it could mandate something in this area.

Cheers,
Ralph