[sane-devel] backends | CanoScan N650U/N656U stopped working (plustek driver) (#247)

Gerhard Jäger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Mar 9 17:16:12 GMT 2020

Hi!

> On 08.03.20 at 13:02 Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> Shawn Rutledge <https://gitlab.com/ec1oud> commented:
>
> I have definitely used this scanner with 64-bit systems for a long time. I don't
> remember when the looping issue started though; that went on for a long time too.
[...]
Seems there's some misunderstanding: The Plustek backend seems to have two issues:
* 3rd scan on a Epson Perfection 1260 shows red and yellow artefacts
* CanoScan N650 is no longer recognized

The first issue might be a 32-/64-bit issue, especially regarding pointers. This is
my suspicion.
The second one is IMO related to USB3 ports. We have enough report that on older
HW (using the ehci driver) the scanner works, with xhci the issue pops up.

Regards,
Gerhard