[sane-devel] Where do I download the software for a Canon Pixma TR4520?

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Mon Mar 23 15:37:24 GMT 2020

Hi Thierry,

On 3/23/20 5:31 PM, Thierry HUCAHRD wrote:
> I've been letting you be aggressive for a while now!

If you feel me aggressive, sorry for that! Honestly, I'm may be a little
bit ironic, but not aggressive.

> You examine my code to find the difference that makes the Canon IR
> scanners work and at the same time you accuse me of plagiarism.

Excuse me, but ADF status decoding code was copied 1:1, including a
comment. Then is was slightly modified in a subsequent patch.

Technically this is a little bit strange. You must be far behind me at
this point, as you have access to a lot of hardware, while I have only
one device and for me this is very difficult to gather information about
other devices without community help.

GPL license allows that, it's not a problem. But it would be nice to
notice the origin of this code at least in comments.

> I agree with Till, community work is good for everyone!

I also think so.

> I've decided not to answer any more questions unless you're constructive!

I'm constructive, I gave your some technical information that you might
not know before. And you actually don't answer my questions, so there is
nothing new in your decision.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)