[sane-devel] Rebase

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:36:47 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-10-01 4:39 a.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> Ralph Little writes:
>
> AFAICS I am the only one to work on this branch, so I suspect that rebasing
> will be OK.
> I'd check with the pixma backend's new maintainer, hi Povilas!, and
> Louis just to make sure but what is the argument for not wanting to
> merge master into your branch instead?
>
> BTW, I know for a fact that the old maintainer occasionally rebased.

It was Rolf's suggestion to rebase or merge.
I have not rebased to a public git server before so I wanted to garner
some opinion and advice.

My preference for rebasing in this case would be to compress a rather
long running branch to make review easier and to keep the branch clean.
There are further fixes to push to the branch before it is merged back
to master.
For my testing of the branch, I do need to get some changes from master
into it that relate to the imageClass machine that I have.

Cheers,
Ralph