[sane-devel] sane 1.0.31 backend version not supported lineart. Why?...

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:27:12 BST 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 5:03 AM m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote sanei_magic to provide software deskew and
> cropping algorithms to all backends, for just this reason. I've got a
> pretty good lineart function in the epjitsu backend, that I could move
> up to sanei_magic if other backends wanted to use it.

Further to what I previously commented on, I wonder if there would be room
in sanei_magic to include common algorithms for calibration and shading
computation.
All the backends seem to craft their own code to handle this type of
operation.
I'm no expert in this area so I really wouldn't know how practical that
would be.

Cheers,
Ralph