[sane-devel] Sharing a network scanner thru saned

Thiago Milczarek Sayão thiago.sayao at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:23:40 GMT 2021

I did try airscan for the Ricoh SP 377SFNwX - did not work. I can try it
with the Ricoh SP 3710 (this one has official drivers for sane/linux - the
377 does not).

Each store has ~6 machines using 1 scanner device.
The idea is to have 1 machine serving itself and another 5 machines.

I thought of this solution mainly because we use java and the only
available library (jfreesane) uses saned. Did not find any binding to
libsane;

Guess each machine could serve itself, but for now I have limited options:

1) Make saned list network scanners;
2) Do a binding myself.