[sane-devel] Feature Freeze for 1.0.32 (was Re: [HEADS UP] Feature Freeze for 1.0.32 on 2021-01-24)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Jan 24 12:00:44 GMT 2021

Hi list,

This is to let you know that I just pushed the release/1.0.32 branch and
that we have entered Feature Freeze.  The branch is meant to receive bug
and documentation fixes only.

Please (re)target bug and documentation fix merge requests to this
branch if you want them to get included in sane-backends-1.0.32.  Please
also set the merge requests' milestone accordingly so they are easy to
find.

We cannot promise that everything will go in before we enter Code Freeze
on 2021-02-07 but unless retargetted and milestoned merge requests will
be for a release after 1.0.32.

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi list,
>
> As I [mentioned][1] about two months ago on the list already and as per
> [milestone][2], the Feature Freeze for our upcoming 1.0.32 release will
> be on 2021-01-24.  I'll cut and push a release/1.0.32 branch on that
> day, sometime around noon (UTC).  If you've got features lying around
> that you are confident you can get in a good enough shape for inclusion
> in 1.0.32, make sure to commit them to master before the feature freeze.
>
> Also, take a look at our [open merge requests][3] for anything that
> could be merged in time for 1.0.32, either features or bug fixes.
> Special request to all merge request assignees: now is a good time to
> make up your minds about your assigned merge requests!  If you want it
> to go in, please set the milestone to 1.0.32 (and adjust the target
> branch if necessary!).
> # Doh!  I've still got three myself, out of 16 assigned total (as of
> # writing).

I made up my mind about the merge requests that had been assigned to me
and am now at zero :-)

>  [1]: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2020-November/038514.html
>  [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/milestones/5
>  [3]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests
>
> After the feature freeze, we will have two weeks to fix up bugs on the
> release/1.0.32 branch.  Make sure you direct your merge requests to the
> right branch.  Bug and documentation fixes should go to release/1.0.32.
> Anything else to master.
> Merge request assignees, please double check the target branch :bow:
>
> On 2021-02-07 we'll enter a one week Code Freeze.  Only documentation
> fixes and hardware destroying bug fixes will be allowed on the
> release/1.0.32 branch.
>
> On 2021-02-14, Valentine's Day, we'll be releasing 1.0.32 (and merge
> release/1.0.32 to master).

Hope this helps,