[sane-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Updated patch for epson2 / epsonds

Nakamura Iwao Nakamura.Iwao at exc.epson.co.jp
Thu Jun 3 07:23:01 BST 2021

Dear Wolfram-san,

Thank you for your information.
We appreciate your efforts.

Best regards,
I.Nakamura
-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfram Sang <wsa at kernel.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 6:00 AM
To: Nakamura Iwao <Nakamura.Iwao at exc.epson.co.jp>
Cc: sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sane-devel] Updated patch for epson2 / epsonds

Hello Nakamura-san, all,

I folded the patch now into the upstream code base. I did some generic cleanups to USB ids before applying your slightly modified patch. You can find all this in the "epson2-new-usbids" branch of my repo:

https://gitlab.com/wsakernel/backends/-/tree/epson2-new-usbids

I created a merge request for it:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests/630

I will wait a few days before applying just in case somebody wants to comment on the changes.

And for the record, I also created a branch to host the original patches and PDFs you sent to the mailing list:

https://gitlab.com/wsakernel/backends/-/tree/epson-provided-fixes

This is only for reference. I don't have a plan to upstream it.

Thank you and all the best,

   Wolfram