[sane-devel] treewide: use SANE_CURRENT_* macros consistently

Wolfram Sang wsa at kernel.org
Tue Jun 8 20:57:43 BST 2021

Hi,

I don't know how many developers also track pull requests on Gitlab. I
have proposed one patch which affects 91 drivers, so I thought I
advertise it here as well to collect reviews. It is this pull request:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests/632

with this description:

Backends use a mixture of SANE_CURRENT_{MAJOR | MINOR} and V_{MAJOR |
MINOR} with all kind of permutations. I was confused by this and one
comment in pieusb.c tells me I was not alone. Some items in old
changelogs suggest to use the SANE_CURRENT_ macros in backends, so let's
switch to do that with the exception of net.c and dll.c. Done with:

$ find backend -name '*.[ch]' | xargs sed -i '/nearly every/ ! { s/<V_M/SANE_CURRENT_M/g }'
$ git checkout backend/net.c backend/dll.c

And manually removing the comment from pieusb.c. Everything still builds
fine.

Looking forward to comments!

Thanks and happy hacking,

   Wolfram