[sane-devel] test backend & SANE_INFO_INEXACT

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Wed Jun 9 18:04:37 BST 2021

There is a gscan2pdf user with a Fujitsu scanner who has found a bug in
gscan2pdf:

https://sourceforge.net/p/gscan2pdf/mailman/message/37297482/

I'm guessing it is a corner case to do with the scanner setting
SANE_INFO_INEXACT when the user sets most geometry options.

I am having trouble reproducing the problem locally because I don't have
a similar scanner, and my HP doesn't set SANE_INFO_INEXACT.

The test backend has an option "read-return-value", allowing frontend
developers to test statuses, but I can't find a similar option for info
values.

Is there some other way of testing info values in frontends?

If not, is there a maintainer for the test backend?

If so, would you be able to add such an option?

If not, would you be open to a patch to add such an option?

Regards

Jeff