[sane-devel] Adding a Reflecta RPS 10M to pieusb

Thomas Wilshaw thomaswilshaw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 19:15:49 BST 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to hook up my Reflecta RPS 10M film scanner to sane and I
wondere if anyone had any suggestions? I've compiled sane with just pieusb
support and I get the following when I run sane-find-scanner:

could not open USB device 0x04ca/0x707f at 001:002: Entity not found
could not open USB device 0x8087/0x0026 at 001:003: Operation not supported
or unimplemented on this platform
found USB scanner (vendor=0x05e3, product=0x0144) at libusb:001:009
could not open USB device 0x8086/0x06ed at 001:001: Operation not supported
or unimplemented on this platform

I added the followiing line to pieusb.conf:
usbm 0x05e3 0x0144 0x37 0x00

(model number is made up, I don't know if that's important)

However scanimage -L returns no scanners found

I've probably missed something obvious but does anyone have any
suggestions? I'm okay with C if there's anything I can try there.

Thanks
Tom