[sane-devel] IRC

M G Berberich sane at oss.m-berberich.de
Thu Jun 17 17:32:30 BST 2021

Am Donnerstag, den 17. Juni schrieb Kelly Price:
> There's a bit of a dust-up between FreeNode and Libera.Chat that's
> casting FreeNode in a very bad light. If you were channel mod/admin on
> FreeNode, you're not anymore -- the new owners stripped that away and
> put in their bot without warning.

As far as I understand the “old” freenode is dead.

    -keitwo- [Global Notice 1/3] We are moving past legacy
    freenode to a new fork. The new freenode is launched.
    You will slowly be disconnected and when you reconnect,
    you will be on the new freenode.

https://isfreenodedeadyet.com/

I do not know much about the “new” freenode, but from what I've read,
the transition felt more like a hostile takeover.

> I'd move.
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM Wolfram Sang <wsa at kernel.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I understand that people sometimes have quite strong views on these things
> > > so I guess I'm putting it out there for comment.
> >
> > No strong opinion here. Yet, all the channels and people I am interested
> > in moved to Libera in deed. I'd suggest to move with them. If not, well,
> > I will just connect to two servers.

	MfG
	bmg

--
„Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!“          | mail at m-berberich.de
(SPD-Stadtrat Kurt Schindler; Regensburg)  |