[sane-devel] Epson Perfection1640: Operation not supported

Wolfram Sang wsa at kernel.org
Sun Nov 7 19:16:42 GMT 2021

> It is better in that it no longer crashes, but is still a
> regression: I suspect that I can no longer scan films.
>
> So it seems that commit 580c278dcafe4159213406b4307ee8598fe08fe7
> was too simplistic?

It is true that the option is not a boolean anymore but an integer. But
still, if you selet the TPU the old default value for 2.5mm above glass
(89) should be automatically selected. Without TPU, it should use the
default of on glass (64).

I tested this on an Epson 12000XL and Perfection1640.

Please check if that works on your system as well.