[sane-devel] Basic questions

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 03:43:05 BST 2021

Hi,

On 2021-10-22 11:19 p.m., Amy McKnight wrote:
> Thanks!
> It’s a Canon MP480
> USB
> MacOS Big Sur
> Image Capture
> I have no idea how to use SANE, so I don’t know how to answer this yet!
>
> The issue is, image capture gets a connection error each time you try to engage the scanner. It is trying to open the old MP Navigator software for some reason, and it is not compatible with Big Sur. I was hoping SANE could be a workaround to solve this issue. Thoughts?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Don't really know about MacOS but I know that we did recently have
another user with an issue on MacOS.
The suspicion was that there was a problem in libusb that was addressed.
It may also be that we have an error in our use of it.
I don't believe that anyone is actively looking at that issue at the
moment though :(

Cheers,
Ralph