[sane-devel] sane-airscan - openSUSE build service - invalid signature :

-pj pj.world at gmx.com
Mon Feb 7 19:46:57 GMT 2022

Hello, I am using Linux Mint 20.2 Uma 64-bit with Mate desktop on my
computer. Today I updated the machine in terminal as superuser by
passing the following command *apt-get update && apt-get upgrade *.

1. I received the following invalid signature key message output as follows:

Ign:1 http://packages.linuxmint.com uma InRelease
Hit:2 http://packages.linuxmint.com uma Release
Hit:3 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease
Hit:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:5 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net/sane-project/sane-release/ubuntu focal
InRelease
Hit:7 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease
Hit:8 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease
Hit:10 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports InRelease
Get:11 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease [1,509 B]
Err:11 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease
   The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 23E07629B9E3C9E4
home:pzz OBS Project <home:pzz at build.opensuse.org>
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG
23E07629B9E3C9E4 home:pzz OBS Project <home:pzz at build.opensuse.org>
E: The repository
'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.

2. I am using the openSUSE build service to aquire a prebuilt binary
package of sane-airscan and have the following sources entry added in
Update Manager -> Software Sources -> deb
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04/ /

3. I typically update the desktop here every few days and have had no
signature issues for quite some time.

4. I did attempt the following by using GUI: Update Manager -> Software
Sources -> Maintenance -> Add missing keys

5. I then attempted to once again update APT cache within update manager
(not bash terminal this time) with the following error output: *Failed
to download repository information *the following dialog is shown below
this message -> W:GPG error:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG
23E07629B9E3C9E4 home:pzz OBS Project <home:pzz at build.opensuse.org>,
E:The repository
'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/xUbuntu_20.04
InRelease' is not signed.

I am wondering of what is the best step to proceed with this matter? I
understand that I could possibly disable the repository quite easily in
update manager. Then I would no longer receive updates for sane-airscan
though. I thank you for help with this if able.

-Best Wishes