[sane-devel] [sane-announce] SANE Backends 1.1.1 released

Thierry Huchard thierry at ordissimo.com
Wed Mar 30 09:15:51 BST 2022

Le 2022-03-29 17:45, Ralph Little a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 4:34 AM Thierry Huchard
> <thierry at ordissimo.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 2022-03-29 10:10, Ulf Zibis a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> have you noticed, that the yet uploaded sources for the PPA havn't
>> been
>>> build? :
>>> https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-release
>>>
>> Hi
>> We have the snapshots:
>> https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git
>>
>> Thierry
>
> Yeah, I tried to sort that out over the weekend but ran out of time.
> It was a bit of a frustrating experience TBH.
> sane-git is running now and is up-to-date. sane-release is a bit
> different. I keep getting rejections from the PPA servers because
> Ubuntu already has a 1.1.1 release in jammy-updates and when I try to
> upload a 1.1.1 to our sane-release PPA, the server complains that they
> already have a 1.1.1 in their primary repo but it differs from the
> orig tar that I'm trying to upload, a bit of a no-no for reasons that
> I can understand.
>
> Our PPA process edits the tar file to add an additional file so I
> cannot upload that as 1.1.1.

Hi Ralph,
You can't use the same process as for sane-git =>
1.1.1+git[date(Ymd)]-jammy0
For sane-release => 1.1.1+git[release commit number]-jammy0 which done
for the source package :
sane-backends_1.1.1+git332edc8b.orig.tar.xz
This source package is not present anywhere, I don't know how you do it,
so this is just a guess ...

Thierry