[sane-devel] Help decoding Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II USB protocol

Giovanni Cappellotto potomak84 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:18:44 GMT 2022

You’re right, I was using avision.

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I could try that.

Last time I was hacking the avision backed, I remember the source code had
a lot of additional complexity because it was supporting tens of different
scanners. Supposedly some changes for supporting a particular scanner broke
the support for Minolta Dimage.

I’m wondering if you have docs or other resources I can use to reverse
engineer the scanner protocol from the logs I can collect from the original
windows driver.

For instance I think I identified 3 different endpoints looking at the
sniffer logs, but I’m not sure their meaning. 0x01 seems some kind of
command endpoint, 0x83 receives and sends a lot of information, 0x82
receives and responds with zeroes and seems like an endpoint used to
complete a command.

Maybe I can share the full log I collected and get help to recreate a
backend specific for Minolta Dimage?