[sane-devel] Canon i-Sensys MF-112 Drivers for Ubuntu

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:50:51 BST 2022

Hi,

On 2022-10-23 23:43, Вассисуалий Пупкин wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Did the scan report intercepted by wareshark help? How can I
> additionally help to resolve the issue with the drivers on the Canon
> MF112?
> Sending another report from Wareshark.
>
> Many thanks!

I have decoded the data stream from the PCAP and converted it into a PNM
file to see what it looks like and I can see what you see. For RAW data,
there aren't enough bytes for the dimensions requested (150dpi at
1280x2100 geometry) and I get a mostly empty document with a strip of
fuzz at the top.

I did wonder if the data was JPEG because some pixma machines output
JPEG  but I do not see a JFIF header in the data.
If you wish, you could set the machine definition to expect JPEG in the
entry in pixma_imageclass.c for your machine, at the bottom of the file:

   DEV ("Canon i-SENSYS MF110/910 Series", "MF110", MF110_PID, 600, 0,
640, 1050, PIXMA_CAP_JPEG),

...and rebuild the backend. Then see if it works for you. I don't know
if the JFIF header requirement is strictly necessary. This is something
that I am learning about at the moment. If you need help on building the
backend then let us know and we can help.

Some pixma machines (like in the mp150 family) support JPEG only on the
ADF. I don't see such a restriction in the code for imageClass machines
however.

Cheers,
Ralph