[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] Using a messaging system to interface the different parts of Debian infrastructure

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Wed Apr 10 07:00:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:47:40PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> > I'm a prospective GSoC student as well as a Debian user and contributor,
> > and was looking for project ideas to submit for this year's GSoC when
> > Nicolas Dandrimont (olasd) mentionned to me fedmsg[1] and the current
> > state of interfaces throughout the Debian infrastructure.
>
> Well, you beat me to writing that mail. Great!

Hear hear. I've never heard of fedmsg before, but it does sound a great
architecture we should look into.

> > So, anyone interested in the project, esp. for mentoring ? :-)
>
> I'd be glad to. It'd be interesting to get a willing service maintainer or two
> onboard, so that real services can get wired into the PoC. Also, maybe someone
> from Fedora could be interested in joining (I haven't talked about that yet, so
> it's just an idea).

It's great to read that you're up to mentoring this, Nicolas, thanks.

I've already committed all my mentoring bandwidth for GSoC 2013 to other
projects, but if you two could keep -qa in the loop of this project
discussions I'll be happy to chime-in whenever feasible, especially in
connection with the PTS.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o