[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] Using a messaging system to interface the different parts of Debian infrastructure

Ioan Eugen Stan stan.ieugen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:22:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm Ioan-Eugen. Sorry to barge in out of the blue. I'm a Debian user
and contributor (l10n Romanian, inactive lately) and an Apache
committer (James). The idea sounds great an I would love to see it
happening. From what I guess by looking at the requirements you need
some sort of ESB. From a technical perspective I can suggest Apache
Camel [1] which is a great integration product that I'm also using.

It has 120+ components [2] for interacting with most systems in the
wild. I can also offer my expertise and put the student/mentor in
contact with the Camel community (I personally know some folks there).
I've given links to the twitter, mail and FTP component. They contain
examples on how to you use Camel to interact with such systems [4],
[5], [6].

[1] http://camel.apache.org/
[2] http://camel.apache.org/components.html
[3] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html