[Soc-coordination] Status Report of ZFS on Linux Integration, Week 8

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 15:48:17 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

This is the ninth report of ZFS on Linux Integration GSoC project.
This week I was trapped by a summer training of school and didn't do
much work, the training will last till next weekend but I'm rather
used to it so hopefully can do more work than this week.

In the past week, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere> helped me on testing
what's wrong during debbootstrap with my published ISO image last
week, and it appears that partman part is working while the reason is
my kvm virtual machine could have something wrong with its network
settings, and at the stage of running debbootstrap d-i does not deal
with poor network in good way.

The installation can go forward to installing grub, which does not
work at the moment because grub2 in Debian hasn't include zpool v5000
and feature flag patches, which are accepted upstream in mid-July.
Also, I have started working on zfs-auto-snapshot and it appears to be
fair easy. I'll try to deal with these two stuff next week.

Regards,
Aron Xu