[Soc-coordination] Status Report of ZFS on Linux Integration, Week 8

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 18 19:58:55 UTC 2013

[Aron Xu]
> In the past week, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere> helped me on testing
> what's wrong during debbootstrap with my published ISO image last
> week, and it appears that partman part is working while the reason is
> my kvm virtual machine could have something wrong with its network
> settings, and at the stage of running debbootstrap d-i does not deal
> with poor network in good way.

Well, I did not do much more than just test the ISO a few times and
point you to the #debian-boot IRC channel.  :)

I hope you can figure out exactly what your network problem is.  Would
be great if we could figure out a fix for it to make debian-installer
more robust too. :)

Btw, where is your source packages published?  I forgot if you already
said so.

> The installation can go forward to installing grub, which does not
> work at the moment because grub2 in Debian hasn't include zpool
> v5000 and feature flag patches, which are accepted upstream in
> mid-July.  Also, I have started working on zfs-auto-snapshot and it
> appears to be fair easy. I'll try to deal with these two stuff next
> week.

What is the bug report requesting such support in grub2?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen