[Soc-coordination] Improvements to Debian search - Report 3

Aarsh Shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 07:47:19 UTC 2013

*Improvements to Debain Search - Report 3

*
Mentor : Olly Betts

*Work I am doing right now:*

   - Got all but two weighting schemes merged into the codebase :)
   - Wrote code to incorporate OP_SCALE_WEIGHT optimization into the
   existing weighting schemes.
   - Finished writing the DPH weighting schemes.
   - Had discussions about query expansion mechanism with my mentor.
   - Wrote a patch to incorporate some additional statistics of documents
   in the existing query expansion mechanism.

*Work I will do in the next week:*

   - I will finish the designing and an initial prototype of the entire
   query expansion mechanism.
   - This is the link to all the pull requests containing also the
   additional changes mentioned above :-

   https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pulls

   -Regards
   -Aarsh