[Soc-coordination] [josh at postgresql.org: [GSoC Mentors] Organizations affiliated with SPI, please read]

Lucas Nussbaum leader at debian.org
Thu Jun 20 14:39:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

Forwarding this, but I guess you probably got it through other lists.

Lucas

----- Forwarded message from Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> -----

From: Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org>
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List <google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com>
CC: SPI Treasurer <treasurer at spi-inc.org>, spi-projects at lists.spi-inc.org
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:23:02 -0700
Subject: [GSoC Mentors] Organizations affiliated with SPI, please read

Mentors, Administrators:

If your organization is affiliated with Software in the Public Interest
and will be receiving its Google payments and reimbursements via SPI,
please read the email below.  Other mentors can ignore this.

Please do not "reply all" to this email, but rather reply directly to
treasurer at spi-inc.org.

We've made some changes to make payments via SPI work more smoothly this
year.  In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:

1. First, inform the treasurer as soon as possible of your participation
in GSOC, including:
   a. your organization
   b. the number of accepted projects
   c. whether or not your mentors get reimbursed their mentor stipends

2. Make sure that your organization Liaison is subscribed to the
Projects mailing list at spi-projects at lists.spi-inc.org and are reading
it.  I will be using that list for expense and mentor approvals, so if
they are not subscribed there, it will result in delays or even
inability to reimburse you.
	If you do not know who your organization liaison is, please contract
the Treasurer.

3. When you have selected the mentors who are attending the mentor
summit, please get your organization liaison to send this list to
treasurer at spi-inc.org.  Note that you must do this at least a few days
before the Google deadline.

4. As soon as possible after the mentor summit, please submit all
expenses for your attendance at the summit for reimbursement.

In order to avoid the long payment delays of last year, we will be
processing reimbursements of all mentor summit attendees who have sent
in their expenses immediately after the mentor summit and are listed as
approved attendees, regardless of the status of general reimbursement
from Google.  In hardship cases, should you need reimbursement for plane
tickets before the summit, contact your organization liaison to submit a
request for early reimbursement.

As a rule, we do not directly purchase plane tickets or make other
travel arrangements for mentors.

Thank You,
Josh Berkus
Assistant Treasurer, SPI