[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure Packaging week 12

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 18:53:33 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I changed a few goals from last week. After packaging cargo I realized
it was a test dependency (and not the only one) so I decided to stop
there and continue with maven-archetype. Last week I said I was going
to package archetype-common but I think it's better to upload the
whole source package and generate the archetype-common artifact from
there. I ran into a lot of issues with archetype: the first one being
maven-debian-helper not rewriting the version and group ids properly.
I'll try to be able to reproduce this in order to submit a bug (if
it's really a bug). The second problem came from one of the build
plugins working differently than expected making one of the submodules
incompatible with the main library, I ended up patching this but I'm
sure the problem can be fixed more cleanly in the future.

I'm currently trying to package truezip which is the last dependency
of indexer-core which is also one of the last dependencies of
leiningen 2 (yay!). truezip seems to be another adventure as it
depends on a package for annotations (which I'm almost sure we can
ignore) and depends on a library already packaged but not available in
the maven-repo... Work is being done there as well... I also submited
ITPs and cleaned geronimo and jchardet. All the libraries that I've
mentioned are already on alioth and will send an email to debian-java
asking for review shortly.

I've also been in touch with debian-devel-spanish and we have been
arranging a meeting in Madrid to sign my key. I think this will be
done next week.

Next week I'll also start working on clojurehelper again so we can
have something polished by the end of the month.

Thank you ebourg, babilen, and paultag for being so responsive on IRC.