[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 13 - Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian

Catalin Usurelu catalin.usurelu5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 01:04:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

The soft-deadline is almost up and I am happy to say that I've been able
to finish the last part of adding a WebSocket Cookie authentication
scheme to reSIProcate. This will add more flexibility to existing WebRTC
solutions and allow for new ideas to be easily implemented.

So, what I did for the past week:
- fix some issues with the code I added, as per feedback from my mentor
- realized that I was having some problems with Cookie being encoded so
I added support for URL-decoding them
- Added classes to authorize SIP requests based on the received cookies
- Tested the changes with a PHP script and JsSIP
- Committed the changes in github[1] and my branch in the reSIProcate
SVN repository

For the remaining week I will continue testing the code, hopefully get
some review from anyone who wants to try it and write documentation. If
time permits, try to modify an existing WebRTC solution to set cookies
as per the implemented authentication scheme.

Kind regards,
Catalin Usurelu

[1] https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/b-gsoc-2013