[Soc-coordination] [GSoC 2014] Improve Debian port on mips/mipsel: Progress report

Plamen Aleksandrov plamen at aomeda.com
Fri Jul 18 18:18:23 UTC 2014

This week I created a patch for capstone. It didn't compile because one of the compiler's macro definitions under mips has the same name as a field in a union. As a result the field's name got replaced with the value of the macro which happened to be a number and this lead to compilation error. I fixed this by undefining the compiler definiton in the Makefile. I made sure that it was never used in the source. This should fix the problem for both mips and mipsel although I don't have a mipsel machine to test the compilation on it.

Some of the packages I previously worked on proved hard to fix so I left them for the moment and started working on other packages.

I spend some time working on the package openni. It has a lot of architecture-specific code but only for x86, x86_64 and arm. This package can not compile on MIPS.

I also worked on the package acpica-unix. However it does not support big endian systems so it can not compile on MIPS.

Plamen