[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 5

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 22:18:51 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 5

I apologize for the belated weekly report. My fears described in the
previous one came to pass - I've b0rked the LiveUSB with Debian while
travelling and could neither work nor submit email until now.

Since the last report I have adapted upstream libunity packaging for
Debian, the package is now available on mentors:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/libunity
It appears lintian-clean on mentors, but when I run Lintian in
pedantic mode it produces 3 warnings that I'm sure are false positives
as well as a warning about a missing manpage. The tool in question is
quite complicated, so I will discuss the issue with upstream libunity
developers before attempting to write one.

I have also followed up on Noise build failures related to sqlheavy.
It turned out to be a bug in Debian's libsqlheavy-dev package
installing .vapi files to /usr/share/vala-0.16/vapi/ instead of
/usr/share/vala/vapi expected by valac. I have prepared a patch and
debdiff with the fix, but it turned out that the bug is already fixed
in sqlheavy version 0.1.1-2 from Debian Experimental.

With these blockers out of the way, I can finally get back to
packaging elementary software instead of third-party libraries it
relies on.

Regards,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff