[Soc-coordination] Status Report. Project AppStream/DEP­11 for the Debian Archive. Week 2

Abhishek Bhattacharjee abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:30:58 UTC 2014

Hello,

This is my first status report as I was busy in the first week due to my
semester exams.

In this week the aim has been to start identifying the sources of metadata,
which are mostly the files in the /usr/share/appdata in xml format.

I have started parsing a deb package for the metadata.
I am parsing the xml files as well as desktop files.

I am currently working on apper package to understand the problem better.
And generalize the code.

Next week's agenda is to complete the code for parsing the deb package and
extracting the metadata and writing it in the DEP 11[0] format.
Code for generating yaml files from .desktop files[1].
Code for parsing the deb package[2], this is incomplete and hopefully, will
be completed by the next week. It requires a lot of changes. I'll be doing
that in this week.

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11#Example_of_Components.yml
[1] https://github.com/abhi11/app-yaml/blob/master/checkData.py
[2] https://github.com/abhi11/dak/blob/master/tools/trial.py