[Teammetrics-discuss] Comparison between the old code and the new code.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 29 12:36:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 03:06:54PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> Overall, the new ratings have included many authors that were missing
> in the old ratings, so this is good news for us.

Yes.

> Also, NNTPStat worked
> very well this time, fetching 156899 records without breaking down
> even once :)

Sounds good.

> The mbox archives have been saved locally with no error
> can be parsed using the localmboxparser when required. IMHO, I see no
> problem with NNTPStat now and I think it works the way we wanted it
> to.

Good.  I think I will rerun everything from scratch on beginning of
September.  Did you commited the locale fix that we will have English
locale in case of any error?

> I am not using blends.d.n for the testing as I am afraid of breaking
> something :)

I do not think that this will happen.  I'd even prefer if you would run
things there to see whether it might run properly in the destination
environment.

> So I have all the records in my database and if you want
> some specific records, please let me know.

Did you tried creating graphs based on lines of text / code submitted
and compared these to the number of postings / commits.  Any other
result when comparing those graphs?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--