[tryton-debian] rules cleanup (was: tarball compression)

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Mon Jan 27 19:49:10 UTC 2014

* Mathias Behrle: " Re: [tryton-debian] tarball compression" (Mon, 27 Jan 2014
  19:57:13 +0100):

> > * debian/rules: PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python2 seems useless, what's its purpose ?
>
> It seems indeed no more needed. I will remove it.

I now remember the plan.

It is not needed for dh_python2, but it is needed for dh_python3 (otherwise
python3-*: empty-binary-package).
My current plan is to switch all Tryton packages to python3, as soon as the
dependencies and Tryton itself will be available in Python 3 (thus not building
any python2 after the switch).

This way we will have to switch simply to PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python3 and we will be
done (not needing any double packages for different python versions nor
different name spaces and saving the time to pass all packages through NEW).
Should also work for the backports until wheezy.

So I would prefer to keep the statement for the moment.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6