[tryton-debian] backports for wheezy necessary http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#sources

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Sep 17 22:11:28 UTC 2014

* Gregor Horvath: " Re: backports for wheezy necessary
  http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#sources" (Wed, 17 Sep 2014
  21:07:50 +0200):

> Am Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:56:32 +0200
> schrieb Mathias Behrle <mathiasb at m9s.biz>:
>
> > * Gregor Horvath: " backports for wheezy necessary
> >   http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#sources" (Wed, 17 Sep
> > 2014 14:50:10 +0200):
> >
> > Hi Gregor,
> >
> > > it should be noted on:
> > >
> > > http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#sources
> > >
> > > that for at least debian wheezy and tryton 3.2.2 backports is also
> > > necessary:
> > >
> > > root at valun:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat backports.list
> > > deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main
> > >
> > > because of the init-system-helpers dependency.
> > >
> > > Thank's for your work!
> >
> > I don't understand, what you are exactly missing.
> >
> > - What do you mean exactly by 'init-system-helpers dependency'?
> > - What is not working according to your expectations?
> >

> I added the tryton 3.2 repo to my wheezy:
>
> root at valun:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat tryton-wheezy-3.2.list
> deb http://debian.tryton.org/debian/ wheezy-3.2 main
>

> tried to install tryton-server. It did not work, because of an
> unresolvable dependency for the package init-system-helpers:
>
> root at valun:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# aptitude install tryton-server
> Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden zusätzlich installiert:
>   tryton-server{b}
> 0 Pakete aktualisiert, 1 zusätzlich installiert, 0 werden entfernt und
> 4 nicht aktualisiert. 451 kB an Archiven müssen heruntergeladen werden.
> Nach dem Entpacken werden 2935 kB zusätzlich belegt sein. Die folgenden
> Pakete haben verletzte Abhängigkeiten: tryton-server : Hängt ab von:
> init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~), welches ein virtuelles Paket ist. Die
> folgenden Aktionen werden diese Abhängigkeiten auflösen:
>
>      Beibehalten der folgenden Pakete in ihrer aktuellen Version:
> 1)     tryton-server [Nicht installiert]
>

> After adding backports to my apt, the installation went fine:
>
> root at valun:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat backports.list
> deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main
>
> see:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=init-system-helpers

Thanks, Gregor, for reporting. This issue indeed was caused by adding a native
systemd stanza and is only occuring for wheezy and 3.2.

I added the respective line to tryton-wheezy-3.2.list, so the issue should be
fixed.