[Tux4kids-discuss] [GSoC] Tux Racing UI feedback

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:46:17 UTC 2012

El dv 20 de 07 de 2012 a les 00:00 -0700, en/na Kento Locatelli va
escriure:
> Hi everyone!
>
> The Tux Racing cross-platform/mobile game project is about 3/4 done, and
> I would like your assistance in testing what is complete so far.
>
> Thus far most of the work has been with the "infrastructure" part of the
> app so it's not particularly interesting yet, but the rest of the game
> is based on this so I need your help in verifying it works properly! So
> please mess around with it a little and let me know of anything that
> comes up, whether it's a bug or suggestions for improving the
> aesthetics. I am especially interested in problems with the problem
> generator or UI on desktop browsers/iOS/Android, although feedback on
> other problems/smartphone platforms is welcome as well. Relatively
> recent Firefox/Chrome/Chromium serve as a good reference.
>
> Android APK (Android 2.2+):
> https://github.com/klocatelli/TuxRacing/TuxRacing.apk/qr_code (May have
> to temporarily allow non-Marketplace apps)
> Web-based: http://www.klocatelli.name/TuxRacing/#/index (After loading
> once, should work offline in relatively modern browsers)
> iOS package will be released with the final version, but currently
> pending response from Apple regarding beta releases

Testing in a hurry
Only testing on iceweassel 10.0, don't have android:
language settings ca es en : error no modules for your locale, should
default to english?
language settings en ca es : runs

playing chemistry:
significant figures: Don't know what are significant figures so figure
kids...
density: haven't managed to get recognized right responses.

playing arithmetic: right responses are recognized, Perhaps one would
expect a map 1<->1 from right  responses to stars. Putting the questions
in small blocks of 5 questions each is great.

The ok dialog is a pain, it should autovanish and show the right
response in case of error, we are teaching after all.
The number of stars and the title of the exercise perhaps should show on
the top of the question

No mute/unmute here

HTH
Pere