[Tux4kids-discuss] [GSoC] Tux Racing UI feedback

Brendan Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 03:25:35 UTC 2012

Hi Kento,

The stars thing confused me too; I couldn't figure out where they were
coming from. Having fractions of stars isn't such a good thing to begin
with, but keeping those fractions hidden by rounding makes things worse.

Alternatives:
- Every question is 1 star, longer lessons have more potential stars,
making them more valuable
- Instead of "Stars = x", show "Points = 3x / y" where x is the number
correctly answered and y is total number of questions
- Continuous "Star Bar" to illustrate the cumulative percentage. We can
map the final score to 1-3 stars later. Can also use some kind of cute
fuel metaphor.

Some minor UI things I noticed
- "Settings and Quit" doesn't need to be a submenu.
- Looks weird in landscape. Probably the CSS needs some massaging, or we
can just force a portrait orientation, which isn't uncommon for games.
- No indication of the correct answer (Pere mentioned already)

Looks good on the whole.

Cheers,
Brendan