[Tux4kids-discuss] publication permission

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun Aug 4 00:49:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 11:56:52AM -0400, Christopher Whittum wrote:
> Hello.  I am writing a book on educational open source software.  In
> this book, I discuss Tux Math, Tux Paint and Tux Typing.  I include
> screen shots of each of these programs to accompany the
> corresponding articles.  As these applications are maintained by
> Debian Linux, I would like to ask your permission to use these
> screen shots.
>
> Thank you for your time.

I don't see that you ever got a reply to this. I can't see that there
would be an issue with including screenshots of these applications in
your book, but I have copied the tux4kids mailing list as that should
reach the people actually involved in those applications.

J.

                                            xmpp:noodles at earth.li
Love is the delusion that one woman
                                            differs from another.