[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxmath-devel] Tux4math mobile app for android

Siddharth Kothari sids.aquarius at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:29:19 UTC 2013

Kudos Deepak. I tested this on Nexus 7 (1280x800), and works great. I would
second Pere's suggestion on having a unified download (detecting dimensions
at run-time).

Here's a detailed review of the app

   1. The use of planets for the topics interface is interesting, the
   graphics for different planets are quite detailed. Occasionally, sliding
   through the topics wasn't smooth. The interface giving an indication of how
   many topics are there would be nice.
   2. The zoom-in animation when selecting a specific topic to play is
   great. Kudos!
   3. The metro style UI for showing lesson within a topic and buttons is
   done well, but don't seem to fit well with the planets theme. I like the
   rotation sliding effect for switching through lessons since it gives a view
   of the total number of lessons. A similar sliding effect on the topic
   interface (1.) could act as a good indicator for the overall topics.
   4. There is a bug with the achievement display for lessons: Scores
   earned for a particular lesson within a topic are reflected in the lesson
   with the same index for other topics.
   5. The game interface for a lesson is quite fun. Showing digits on each
   side of the screen is a good design choice for the mobile devices.
   6. In terms of performance, the FPS is almost always in the range of
   55-60. No lags while playing sound, animation.
   7. The "credits" button is completely out of the navigation flow. I
   could see it only when I hit the system's "back" button.
   8. Finally, what is the role of Tux? I don't seem to find him.

Anyone looking for bugs/feature requests, this should be a great starting
place.

Thanks,
Siddharth