[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux Mind Maths

akshay agarwal akshay.agarwal at st.niituniversity.in
Sat Mar 26 12:06:22 UTC 2016

Hi Amey,

I read your draft proposal on Github. I just wanted to draw you attention
towards the fact that names like Pacman, Fruit Ninja etc can't be used.
Pac-Man is a trademark of Namco and Fruit Ninja is a trademark of HalfBrick
Studios, Temple run is a trademark of Imangi Studios and so on. Making
clones of these games or even using game arts having close resemblance to
the ones used in the original games is a copyright infringement and you can
be served with a DMCA notice for putting up the pacman demo. Using these
for your own educational use can still be fine but you cannot allow
visitors unauthorized use of infringing copies of the original product that
is protected by trademark and copyright laws.

I am not sure whether this is allowed because you have even mentioned the
use of these demos in your final project as well. I hope you must have been
told by any of the mentors to reconsider this. If so you might also want to
take those games off from your Github repo.

I would want the mentors to correct me on this if I am wrong.

With Regards,
Akshay Agarwal