[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux Mind Maths

akshay agarwal akshay.agarwal at st.niituniversity.in
Sat Mar 26 14:28:46 UTC 2016

Hi Amey,

This was not offend you but just to give you a suggestion.

I have myself been developing games for the past 5 years and I know a hell
lot of such cases being happening each and every day. The scratch issue was
something that I read back in 2011 or 2012 I don't exactly remember the
date. Also if you are referring to the Google Doodle Pacman then it was
done taking permission from NAMCO and even if not, NAMCO didn't raise any
issue and it's their wish.

The thing is there are a lot of copyright infringement taking place all
over the play store and google itself is a little confused on how to deal
with them. But clones being available in the market doesn't mean one is
allowed to do that. One cannot sit with the notion that such incidences do
not occur and when someone is making something of a GSoC level then such
incidences have to kept in mind.

Moreover yes you are correct that anyone can be motivated and inspired by
any of the games and is free to say that he is going to make games based on
a particular game, he in any case cannot use the artworks or artworks
having similar resemblance to the original ones. Anyone going through you
proposal might come under the impression them you might be going to make
replicas or use artwork similar to the original ones, at-least by seeing
your demos and by reading your timeline where you have mentioned the use of
those demos in the original project. You have thought of making unique
graphics that's good, but no one can know what you are thinking. You could
have been a little clearer on that in the graphics section. Also your
pacman demo hosted on GitHub is doing a copyright infringement though NAMCO
might not have any time to look out for you.

You could have straightly told me that you intend to use unique graphics in
the original project instead of pointing out what I need to do or
explaining me how copyrights works. I am no one to judge your proposal as
it is all on the mentors and you are not accountable to me. I just wanted
to give you suggestions for your welfare only. I think you didn't replied
back this way to the mentor's suggestions

Thanking You,
Akshay Agarwal