[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] TuxType progress tracking / reporting functionality

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:43:10 UTC 2009

Hi Jordan,

> I want that to change.
>
> I would love to start an open dialog regarding implementing progress
> tracking in tuxtype. I know this will probably mean improving many other
> aspects of tuxtype, including word-list improvements, more fine-grained
> speed control of words/fish coming down for Tux to eat, and lesson-based
> content such as how to use home-keys and sitting correctly.

There should be a new release of tuxtype very soon (meaning once I
shuffle it to the top of about a dozen things I should get done "any
time") that has many more finger exercise lessons, word lists, much
nicer backgrounds and music, and an in-game word-list editor from this
summer's GSoC.  So the "content" part will be substantially improved,
but will certainly have room for improvement.

It sounds like we should look at the progress-tracking stuff in Typing
Master to get an idea of what we need to shoot for.

The tux4kids-admin project is intended to help to take our apps to the
next level for in-school use, but it has a ways to go before release.
It is still at a sort of alpha stage - there aren't any tarballs or
packages yet, just the code in svn.

So, I'm very open to suggestions, but we are kind of swamped at the
moment trying to get all the new GSoC stuff released.

Best,

David