[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] t4k_common problem in tuxtype and tuxmath

victortozo at gmail.com victortozo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:31:58 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Brendan Luchen <bml4633 at rit.edu> wrote:

> Victor,
>
> Also make sure you're in the right branch, commonification AKA master, and
> not in old_master. TuxType may have issues when trying to use t4k_common,
> even if everything goes right. If you have some time to help out, that might
> be a good place to start--let me know.

I'm in the right branch, the current master (commonification). I've waited
the merge to start looking into the code again.

> As for the ldconfig step, maybe we could just tack on a "It's now
> recommended to run `ldconfig /path/to/lib` to ensure the library is found"
> message when installed from source.

True. To run Tuxtype 'sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib' works fine but the
problem to compile tuxmath persists.

 This is something different from the PATH environmental variable that
> is used to find binaries.
>

> Let me know if "sudo ldconfig" doesn't fix it.  As t4kcommon becomes
> part of our standard setup, we need to come up with a foolproof way to
> avoid problems like this.

I'm still having trouble with tuxmath compilation.
I didn't look at the code yet to see why T4K_LoadScaledImag is an undefined
reference because I think it is some config problem as it was with tuxtype.

I'm using arch linux 64bits by the way. I also have osx Leopard installed..