[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Extreme - restart problem

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:28:54 UTC 2006

Hi Axel,

2006/7/13, Axel Bergerhoff <axelbergerhoff at compuserve.com>:

> Hello,
>
> looking for replacements for some older Powerware equipment I found the
> MGE
> Pulsar Extreme 1000C and I'm currently testing one with nut-2.0.3 on a
> self-brewn i386-linux.
>
> Upto now everything seems to work fine - except I can't get the power
> outlets
> switching on again after mains returns. As this works with Personal
> Solution-Pac 2 on W2k I thought that there might be a way to achieve it
> with
> nut, too. However, after trying "everything", I don't know any further.
>
> My ups.conf:
>   driverpath = /bin
>   [Pulsar1000]
>   driver = mge-shut
>   port = /dev/ttyS1
>   offdelay = 120
>   # mge-shut:  ondelay in s * 10
>   ondelay = 15
>   desc = tfp-3
>
> Manually set
>   cold start            disabled
>   automatic restart     enabled
>   energy savings        disabled
>

> Any ideas?

I don't see anything according to your settings.
can you send an upsc output so that I can do some check.
FYI, I'm completly rewritting mge-shut for nut 2.2. Some
things are still lacking, but this approach will solve all the
current mge-shut problems and lacks.

You should also have a look at this thread:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-July/001267.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-July/001271.html

This will be available soon in newmge-shut (the current development
version).

Arnaud