[Nut-upsuser] Recommended UPS to buy for use with NUT?

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:07:35 UTC 2006

On 6/4/06, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> At least here in the Netherlands, quite a few (cheap) UPSes are sold
> nowadays that sport high VA ratings, but really lack the battery
> capacity needed to power even a modest load for more than a few minutes.
> Clay should avoid these at all cost.

MGE rather usefully do a runtime calculator where you put in the power
draw and required runtime and it suggests options from their range.

Worked like a charm when I used it, however there's a gotcha.  An ups
with a 28 minute runtime may signal LB at 19 minutes, resulting in a
shutdown sometime sooner than you expect :)

If you need a 20 minute actual runtime you'll probably need a 30
minute theoretical runtime.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor