[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 5110, SuSE10.1 & USB

Roger Price nut at rogerprice.org
Mon Jun 5 14:34:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Gary and Jane Pearce wrote:

> I am trying to get NUT as supplied with SuSE 10.1 working and I think I
> have a USB problem, possibly due to some missing startup scripts
> concerning permissions.

Just a passing thought - What result does the command /sbin/resmgr list
provide?  Does it include a line such as

 rw-- usb:vendor=0x04b8,product=0x0128

With release 10.0, SuSE changed their resmgr policy from "works unless
forbidden" to "forbidden unless specified".  Scanners have this problem,
see http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Scanner_Setup_from_SUSE_Linux_10.0 .

Roger